Yesterday Bangladesh sealed a historic 5 wicket victory against New Zealand in their final group match at Cardiff thanks to Shakib Al Hasan and Mahmudullah’s 224 runs stand in 5th wicket. Their partnership not only secured a famous win for Bangladesh but also set some new records as well.
- Best ever partnership in any wicket for Bangladesh in ODIs. Previous best was Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim’s 178 against Pakistan in 2015.
- Second highest partnership in ICC Champions Trophy history. Ricky Ponting and Shane Watson shared the highest 252 runs partnership against England in 2009.
- Shakib and Mahmudullah now share the 3rd highest 5th wicket partnership in ODIs.
- The 224 runs partnership between Shakib and Mahmudullah now ranked 55th highest in any wicket in ODIs.
- It was the first time ever a 150 plus runs partnership was made in 5th wicket in ICC Champions Trophy.
- This partnership was the 13th 150 plus runs partnership for Bangladesh in ODIs.
- Partnership between Shakib and Mahmudullah is now third best against New Zealand in ODIs. In 5th wicket, this partnership is the highest against them.
- The record partnership was the first time for both Shakib and Mahmudullah involving in a 150 plus runs partnership in ODIs.
- Second instance of two Bangladesh batsmen scoring centuries in same innings (The only one before yesterday was Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim’s against Pakistan, 2015)