Bangladesh have secured a dominating victory over Windies in the second Test as Tigers won the match by an innings and 184 runs thanks to Mehidy Hasan Miraz’s brilliance with the ball on the third day. Bangladesh won the series by 2-0.
Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan and debutant Shadman Islam also contributed with the bat in the first innings to post a mammoth total of 508. Mahmudullah’s 136 knock was his third cdntury in Tests.
Miraz set some personal milestones during the match :
- Miraz claimed his career best bowling figure of 7 for 58 in the first innings.
- This is the second time Miraz scalped 5-wicket haul in both innings of a Test.
- Miraz’s 12 for 117 (7/58 and 5/59) is now the best bowling figure by an Bangladeshi in Tests. Previous best of 12 for 159 was also taken by him against England in 2016.
- This is the second time Miraz has taken 10 wickets in a match.
- With 12 wickets in the second Test, Miraz now completed 100 wickets in international cricket across 3 formats.