Major outcomes of the 6th Meeting of the BCB Board of Directors held today (Saturday, 27 July):
· The Board will invite an EOI for the immediate appointment of an International Consultant for the construction of Sheikh Hasina Cricket Stadium Project at Purbachal.
· The process for getting ICC Accreditation for the Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar will be initiated along with necessary development work for the venue.
· The National Selection Panel of Minhazul Abedin and Kazi Habibul Bashar has received an extension up to the ICC T20 World Cup 2020 in Australia.
· Bangladesh Batting Coach Neil McKenzie and Strength & Conditioning Coach Mario Villavarayen have received contract extensions up to the ICC T20 World Cup 2020.
· The highlight of the BCB’s programmes for celebrating the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be two Twenty20 international matches between an Asian All Star XI and a Rest of the World XI. These matches will take place between March 18-21, 2020. The BCB will also hold a Under 12 Cricket Carnival and a Youth Twenty20 Tournament to mark the occasion.
· A Under 19 women’s cricket competition will be included in the BCB’s calendar for the first time.
· The Board approved the Annual Budget of BCB for the year 2019-20. The forecasted revenue budget is Taka 243.61 crore while the expenditure budget is Taka 188.51 crore.
· The Board has decided to offer financial assistance of Taka 10 lac each for ailing cricketers Musharraf Hossain Rubel and Ram Chand Goyala and Taka two lac for senior sports journalist Mahbub Alam Khan who also has a serious medical condition. The Board will also bear all treatment costs of Shamim Kabir, the first cricket captain of the National Team, who has recently undergone a surgery.
· The BCB AGM 2019 will be held in October.
· The Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 will kick off with an opening ceremony on 03 December 2019. The first match of the competition will be on 06 December.