Major outcomes of the 10th meeting of the BCB Board of Directors held on Tuesday (15 June 2021):
- The Board has decided to hold the BCB AGM 2021 on 07 July 2021 in Dhaka.
- The BCB Annual Budget of BDT 260 Crore for the fiscal 2021-22 has been approved.
- The Board has approved the Women’s National Player contract for 22 cricketers up to December 2021 with salary enhancement.
- The Cricket Operations Committee has been asked to review the observations of the Board and finalise and announce the National Player Contract for May-December 2021.
- The tenure of the National Selection Panel has been extended till the end of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- The Board approved the concept of a shadow National Team programme named ‘Bangladesh Tiger’. BCB Directors Kazi Inam Ahmed and Khaled Mahmud Sujan will oversee the activities of the Bangladesh Tiger.
- The BCB will participate in the Host Selection Process for the ICC Men’s Events 2024-2031. To expedite the process a management team headed by the BCB CEO has been formed. BCB Directors Mohammed Jalal Yunus and Ahmed Sajjadul Alam will oversee the procedure.
- The Board has advised the Project Implementation Committee to take immediate steps to finalise the appointment of a consultant for the proposed Sheikh Hasina Cricket Stadium, Purbacha